TANGENT in Bilbao
On the 13-14 September 2022, the TANGENT Consortium met at the University of Deusto in Bilbao, a city that lies at the heart of the Basque Country.
During two days, the project’s activities and outcomes achieved during the first year of the project were presented and discussed. In addition, the work ahead was planned. The meeting was also a space to discuss in-depth the TANGENT functionalities in each case study, including their scope, goals, baseline and future scenarios, and technical parameters.
TANGENT’s achievements in 7 key points
1. In the four pilot cities, the transport agents and user needs were identified and the system requirements defined. This was achieved through two rounds of interactive in-person and online workshops with transport operators, local government officials and technical partners in each case study city.
2. Data catalogues and requirements were defined in collaboration with the case study cities.
3. State-of-the-art and literature reviews were completed on travel behaviour modelling, traffic predictions and simulation, and transport network optimization.
4. Surveys for mobility or transport users were designed for the four case study cities.
5. Progress was made in the identification of methods for supply and demand forecasting, formulation of Transport Network Optimization problems, and the overall technical architecture definition.
6. TANGENT’s identity was established (logo, website, social media, etc.) and consortium members attended European mobility events to represent the project and its results (e.g. hEART in Leuven, ConnectingEurope days in Lyon, Urban Mobility Days in Brno).
7. Project management documents were established including project templates, ethical frameworks and a Data Management Plan.
A walking tour of Bilbao
In the evening, the TANGENT team got the opportunity to go on a tour of Bilbao to witness its ongoing social, economic, and aesthetic revitalisation kicked-off by the establishment of the Bilbao Guggenheim Museum.